Aloe vera or in Indonesian better known as Lidah Buaya is a tropical plant which has a shape like a fleshy leaves. This leaf has many benefits, either as medicine or for cosmetics. Aloe vera is a plant which is quite unique because it contains many biologically active compounds, such as mannans acetate, polymannans, anthraquinone, and various lectins.
Fighting Infection - In addition to its soothing and healing properties, aloe vera has been shown to fight bacteria and fungi that may attack a wound. Aloe vera also has immune boosting properties.
Benefits of eating aloe vera:
• Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
• Lowers high cholesterol.
• Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
• Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
• Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
• Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s disease and other digestive disorders.
• Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
I would recommend the use of shampoo and conditioner containing high quality aloe vera, for soft, shiny and lustrous locks. Strictly speaking, this may not be one of the health benefits of aloe vera, but it shows how versatile this plant is.