Cosmetics are not just a symbol of vanity. They are, in fact, a symbol of an inherent desire in humans to look their best. Cosmetics have been used by humans since prehistoric times.
Benefits and Advantages
- Cosmetics are regarded as a means of enhancing one’s complexion and beautifying the skin.
- Skin creams and lotions can be used to deep-cleanse the skin.
- If pores in the skin are blocked, it may lead to infection and acne formation. Various cosmetic cleansing products thoroughly cleanse the skin and remove the dirt and microorganisms from the skin.
- After cleansing, moisturizers are applied to prevent drying of the skin and to keep it smooth and radiant. Moisturizers also offer excellent protection against cold winds and act as a lubricating agent.
- Cosmetic moisturizers prevent drying up of the skin. They are excellent lubricant agents and keep the skin smooth and glowing. There are even oil-free moisturizers that are especially good for oily skin.
- Some cosmetics also come loaded with a number of vitamins like A, D, E and K. These cosmetics boost the health of the skin and hair.
- Cosmetics like deodorants and perfumes can help fight body odor and make one feel fresh. Cosmetics like shampoos keep the hair silky and smooth.