Summer is a great time to relax, take advantage of the warm weather, and of course, show off a beautiful summer glow. Keeping your hair, skin, nails and body looking great all summer long is easy with a few tips. While enjoying the nice weather, consider the following beauty tips to stay looking fresh and gorgeous, all season long.
- Drink plenty of water to reduce the risk of heat stroke. Start the day with at least 1 large glass of water. Drink another large glass of water before stepping outdoors. It would help you hydrate your skin from within.
- Think SPF. Go for a sunblock. Use a lotion over your face and body with at least SPF 15 to ward off the skin cancer inducing UV rays. Use it liberally and reapply frequently. Besides increasing the risk of skin cancer, exposure to the sun‘s UV rays damages your skin and causes premature aging. Hence the best anti-aging skin care involves the use of a sunblock.
- Protect your eyes with large sunglasses. Sun exposure increases the risk of cataracts so put on those shades.
- If you do end up burning in the hot sun, apply Aloe Vera to your burns. This will cool and sooth the skin and help it to heal much faster. You want your skin to have a bronze tan, not a red burn. Treat your face and body properly.
- Physicians Formula offers a green concealer stick that is inexpensive and quite effective. You can buy it online at drugstore.com for about $5 or at your local retailer.
- Frederic Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves protects your hair from the sun and lets your waves be free. Just spray in the mist and then scrunch your hair for a fresh “beachy” look. Tuck a bottle of this product into your beach bag to revive your hair of coming out of the water.