Herbal skin care is often pooh-poohed by most people, but the truth is, it has been used since ancient times. This was used by the ancient Egyptians thousands of years ago. Today, most beauty products contain harmful chemicals that can cause damage to the skin more than you can ever imagine. Herbal and organic products prove to be more safe and gentle on the skin.
Found in your own kitchen is a simple, chemical free cleanser ? good oil? unboiled milk. All you need to do is dip a piece of cotton wool in milk and wipe your face with it. It also cleans unseen dirt and goes down into your pores. Another fine cleanser is almond oil, especially effective in protecting the delicate skin under the eyes.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Cut some beet root into small pieces and grind them. Squeeze juice from beet root and massage to your face for 5 minutes.
- Shower after 10 minutes with mild soap or gram flour.
- Mix sandalwood powder with rose water and add 4 to 5 drops of milk in it and apply on to your face and body.
- Shower after 15 minutes with warm water.
- Mix honey in water and drink daily in the morning to keep your skin shiny and smooth.
- To prevent wrinkles and soften your skin, you could try pure castor oil; it is known to slow down the aging process of the skin.
- Another simple and excellent skin conditioner that can be made out of 1 tbsp. honey blended with 2 tbsp. cream (of milk). Leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off. It works like magic.
- Warm honey and mix with lemon juice and apply on to face. Wash after it dry.
- Mix Turmeric, sandal powder and olive oil and apply to body. Shower after 10 minutes.
- Massage your skin with milk. Milk has moisturizer, it will keep your skin smooth.
- For skin blemishes, you can try rubbing a raw potato on your face.