Long, black and shiny hairs are a valuable asset that every girl dies for. Long hairs are very difficult to maintain and there are various causes that damage hair like pollution, weather conditions, nutritional deficiency, harmful chemicals, improper use of styling tools like hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons etc.
Long hair provides a carefree freedom that is balanced by the need for hair accessories, styling products and a little bit of know-how. Read up on new, fancy, funky or traditional hairstyles for long hair. See your stylist or merely check out the beauty aisles of your favorite stores for ideas.
- Avoid sleeping with tightly braided hair or hair in a tight ponytail. The stress can cause breakage and/or hair loss.
- When your hair is braided, make sure that it is not too tight or it could cause breakage and/or hair loss.
- When detangling your hair work your way from the tips of your hair up to the hair roots. Work on detangling one section of your hair at a time and go in a downward direction.
- Massaging your hair for five minutes everyday helps your hair look shiny, healthy and long. It stimulates the cells in your scalps pumping enough blood into the scalp. You can just do it dry or use an oil. Avoid detangling your hair with a comb. Rather you can use your finger tips to detangle them from your hair tips to the roots. Avoid drying your hair by rubbing abruptly with a towel, instead pat it dry by blotting the water.
- If you suffer from a flaky scalp, try the following treatment every 2 weeks: Section your hair and rub the scalp with a cotton pad saturated with plain rubbing alcohol. Let the alcohol dry, then brush your hair and rinse thoroughly with warm water but don’t shampoo.
- Always towel-dry your hair. Don’t tie your wet hair up in a bun or wrap tightly in a towel. Brushing of hair is important: It spreads the essential oils across the shaft. Do remember to run your fingers through after you’ve brushed to get rid of static.