Dressing slim is an art. It is really important to understand your body and dress to flatter your body type. There is nothing wrong in being overweight, but you don’t want people staring at your bulges or you looking fatter than you actually are. So if you have those few extra pounds, try these tips to dress slimmer. All of these may not work for you, and you have to take an informed decision as to which of these tips will acutally work for you . Once you figure out what works for you start practising it adns tick with it until you shed those extra pounds.
How to Dress Slimmer
1. Wear jeans that have a boot or flare cut. This cut visually balances out curves, and will make your hips appear smaller than they would if you wore tapered pants.
2. Wear black. The color black creates a negative space, which detracts from extra weight. It is not called the slimming color for nothing. The worst thing you can do if you want to appear slimmer is to dress in a melange of bright colors and large prints.
3. Wear clothing that gives you a shape. If you wear one baggy piece, make sure that the other piece is fitted. Baggy, shapeless clothes will make even a runway model look as though she has gained fifty pounds.
4. The length of a dress or skirt is critical is you want to slimline your legs and give extra height. The most flattering length for a hemline is just on, or just-above the knee. Calf length hemlines can make you look dumpy (high heels are a must) and thigh-length skirts and dresses are a danger zone if you have less than perfect legs.
5. Pay attention to hair and makeup. If you’re not very confident about your body, consider attracting attention to your face. Play up your features, such as pretty eyes, full lips, high cheekbones or a nice nose, with the right makeup. A good haircut can have as much effect on your apparent weight as a good outfit. Ask your stylist for ideas on cuts to look your best and for styles that will elongate your neck or make your face either fuller or thinner.